Occupational Therapy for School Aged Kids
Many children we meet at Barefoot OT struggle with changes in routine or sensory environments. Some of the children we see have difficulty adapting their behaviours for different situations including school and community activities. While some children have physical disabilities or mental health issues, others may be experiencing development delays which all require specialist guidance to help them (and their families) confidently function throughout the day. Often issues arise at school and we assist in identifying underlying issues and understanding their individual learning style.
- School based individual OT out of the class
- Class based intervention with a group or the class
- Focused sessions at our rooms in Rosebud
- Equine Facilitated Learning – Horse Therapy
- Bush, Beach and Rural Occupational Therapy – Outdoor Therapy for those who learn better outside the classroom
Our School Partners
We currently have ongoing arrangements with Woodleigh School - Minimbah Campus, Boneo Primary School and Langwarrin Park Primary School. We also visit other schools where sessions can be offered on a regular basis and discounted if we see several children on the same day.